Monday, November 24, 2014

Try This: Felt Floral Wreath


By now, you know I love felt.
It perfect for crafting!

When I initially saw this idea [here] I knew I had to make it.
I loved how bright colorful the wreath was.
But, for my house, I wanted my wreath to have a more muted tone.
I found this beautiful maroon felt & knew it would make a beautiful red leaf!
For the flowers, i used a cream and a light pink felt.

The post I found came with a template for the leaves and petals. But, i'm too lazy to use a template. So, I used this method for my leaves AND my petals:

It worked perfectly for me!
For the centers of my flowers, I too a strip of felt (about 1''x 6'') and cut small slits about 1/4cm apart.


Once I finished cutting them, I placed a strip of hot glue down the un-cut area and rolled it up!

For my petals, i wanted to make sure each layer was sized differently(smaller toward the center, and larger on the outside). So, in order to do this, I made sure each square was a little bigger than the next. (this is totally optional)



Once your petals are cut, start gluing them on!
I placed a small dot of hot glue and started layering the petals.



To add the leaves to your wreath, simply place a strip of hot glue on the leaf, and sandwich the pieces together around your loop!

To make sure that no metal areas are showing on your wreath, alternate gluing your leaves like this:




To finish it off, attach your flowers with some hot glue.
Add a little yarn & hang it up!

Can you imagine how cute this would look on a door to a room?
Adorable.


xo-elle

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute, and so perfect for Thanksgiving. :)
    Juli xx

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS