Friday, November 7, 2014

Give Thanks


There are some holidays that are more fun to decorate than others.

Christmas....Halloween...etc.

Thanksgiving is a little tricky.
Do you have to use classic fall colors?

Browns?
Orange?
Red?

No...no you do not.
This Thanksgiving i'm keeping it simple.

Reallllly simple.

One of the first items I made to decorate my house is this "Give Thanks" wall hanging.

I wanted  to keep it neutral and clean.
You obviously can do this project with whatever color(s) you adore...but for my house, white seemed to be the perfect fit.

Here's what you will need to make this for your house:


1. Embroidery hoop
(just the inside of the hoop!)

2. String

3. Feathers
(This would be a great opportunity to add a little color!)

4. Felt

5. My BFF...Tacky Glue


That's it! I honestly had all of these items just laying around the house!

Step 1: Tie two levels of string to your hoop...like this...


Step 2: Cut out your felt letters & paste them to the string
(To cut out my felt letters, i used the same method that I used in my banner tutorial)


after the glue dries...you can make sure the letters are hanging the way you would like...the string can get twisted and make your letters off center unless you keep it flat!

It should look like this...


Step 3: Tie a knot using your string to the end of your feathers.
I also added wooden beads to disguise my knot....totally optional, but i thought it added a little somethin somethin.

Step 4: Hang that bad boy on the wall!
Side note: I chose to do 3 feathers...but can you imagine a bunch of little feathers strung along the bottom?
Please, someone do it for me & tell me if you love it. ;)


I used this opportunity to make this for Thanksgiving...but, can you imagine the possibilities you could use this craft for?!

Your child's name?
Another fun saying?
A string of hearts?
More feathers?!

Endless ideas you guys.
Endless.

XO-Elle





No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS