Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Grilled Cheese: Three Ways

 Grilled cheese is one of my all-time favorite foods.
As great as a classic cheddar grilled cheese can be, I wanted to branch out a little bit and try combining some of my favorite items between two buttery slices of French bread.
I’m pleased to say they all turned out even better than I expected.
Like….reaaaallllly good.


Grilled Cheese #1: The Spicy Italian

What’s inside?
Pepperjack Cheese
Basil Pesto
Turkey Pepperoni
Artichoke Hearts
&
Topped with a buttery garlic spread & a parmesan cheese chip
(melted butter + garlic salt = pure savory goodness)





This grilled cheese is probably my all-time-favorite! It is spicy & full of flavor. I cooked my turkey pepperoni on the griddle before I added it into my grilled cheese. This added a nice crunch to the sandwich…I would HIGHLY suggest “crispifying” your pepperoni! While my sandwich was cooking, I sprinkled some shredded parmesan on the griddle and made a parmesan chip to add to my sandwich. This honestly was just mean to make the sandwich look pretty…but I saved that chip for my last bite of sandwich & it made for the best last bite J


Grilled Cheese #2: The Sweet & Salty


What’s inside?
Blue Cheese crumbles
Bacon
D’anjou pears drizzled with honey



Yum. Yum. YUM! The honey coated pears combined with the creamy blue cheese and salty bacon? So delicious. I cooked my bacon crumbles so they were nice and roasty. I placed them down first on my bread, then added the blue cheese crumbles and topped it off with the pears. I feel like this helped the cheese melt quicker and keep it from falling out the sides while it cooked. Can I say this one was my favorite too?


Grilled Cheese #3: The Greek Beet


What's inside?
Feta Cheese
Sliced Beets
Walnuts
Pumpkin Seeds
Gouda Cheese



I love beets! I’ve always really enjoyed beet salads that have feta or goat cheese, so I knew this one would be a dreamy mix of earthy flavors. Beets have a very distinct taste…and I knew that the feta and beet combination wouldn’t be able to carry a grilled cheese on its own. Enter…walnuts and pumpkin seeds! When I was picking up my ingredients I just saw those delicious nuts and seeds begging to be added to a sandwich. Honestly? They were a perfect addition! To tie the sandwich together and make it even cheesier, I added a slice of gouda (my favorite cheese). I know, this sandwich seems out there…but if you are a beet lover, you will love this sandwich.

Which grilled cheese would you want to try?
XO-Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS