Monday, November 3, 2014

messy + braids + buns

Do you ever get in a hair rut?
Do you wear the same hairstyle day after day?

I do.

I look around and always want to try something new.
Always.
A close friend of mine once told me, "Every time I see you, your hair is SO different."
She was right.
It was slightly out of control. 
I've tried quite a bit of styles and colors the past few years...
black
red
blonde
brunette
side swept bangs
undercut (shaved portion of my head)
middle part (I tried...I really did.)

Finalllllly after a long time..I have decided to settle in on a style and color that fit me the best.
For now at least.. :)

It was time for a little change.
Nothing drastic...
Just branching out and trying a few new styles.

#1. Messy
Now, if you know me...my hair is usually messy and unkempt 99% of the time. 
It's the way I like it.
But, this style takes it to the next level.
I styled my hair like normal and back-combed the ends of my hair...making it a messy nest of pure hairiness.

#2 Braidlocks
That's right. Braid-Dreadlocks.

Most days I add a braid somewhere in my hair.
For YEARS I had a braid in my hair with a feather attached. I even had them at my wedding. So, this style is a keeper for me & feels a bit more bold than the usual single braid.




#3 Bun + Bun

A few weeks ago I decided to do the half up bun...(seen here)
I loved it so much I decided to take it to the next level.

I think this style is the 90's child coming out in me. I promise I wore my hair like this when I was little...bangs and all. What 90's girl didn't?!

Have you tried branching out with your hairstyles lately?

XO-Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS