Monday, October 20, 2014

try this: washi tape walls


This idea is nothing new to the creative world, but we still love it! There are so many ways to decorate using washi tape!

E & I used washi tape to decorate the walls of our homes in two different colors & styles. 


I change my mind on how I decorate too often to fully commit to a most pieces of artwork…so washi tape was a perfect option for me. It's also great if you are renting because the tape doesn't leave a sticky residue (like electrical tape) when removed.
My ‘Hello’ washi tape wall took about 1 & ½ roll of tape and about 30 minutes. It was so easy. I measured out how tall and wide I wanted my word to be and started taping away.
***My letters are 12" wide.***


E’s “Home Is Wherever I’m With You” wall took 1 roll of black washi tape and about 15 minutes. Here are a couple other washi tape walls we are loving.
logo house outline concept

Create fake picture frames out of washi tape.

I’ve wanted to try a few other patterned washi tapes…I’m loving these:

Give it a try! 

XO-Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS