Monday, October 13, 2014

the BEST photo editing apps & filters

I get questions all the time asking what photo editing apps I use. Well, now you are going to be in on the best photo editing apps for your phone.
Editing pictures can take a little bit of time, but to simplify the process, I have tested multiple apps, hundreds of filters and narrowed it down to the best of the best.
The two best apps you should download.
Now.

                                                    
 This app has the greatest minimal filters. Nothing crazy…no harsh colors…just simple natural filters. The best part about it? It's FREE!!! The filters that are included in the app are incredible, and they also offer additional filters you can buy. All the filters listed below come with the app...however, the more and more i use it...the more filters i buy :)

F2/Mellow
This is my favorite filter. It brings out natural colors, has a cool tone, and keeps a vibrant, but natural look to all your pictures.

I literally use this filter for almost every picture i edit.
Including this one.... 

and this one...
I'm telling you.
It's the greatest filter.


G3/Portraits
 Bam. Amazing Pictures. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. This filter has a beautiful tone for selfies.

T1/Moody
This filter is slightly overcast & grey and I couldn’t love it more.
Side Note: every time I use this filter, I try to amp up the brightness a little bit. Just a friendly little tip :)

This app is an "all-in-one" solution to your photo editing needs. There are options to adjust the brightness, contrast, saturation and sharpness.
If you only use one photo editing app, use this one.



#2 Afterlight (iPhone Only)

This was the original app I downloaded when I started using Instagram. (It originally was called Afterglow.) It continually is updated with additional filters, frames, etc. It is $0.99...but it is completely worth the dollar.
          

Russ
It is under the ‘Guest’ filters. It isn’t dramatic, but adds just the right amount of blue and grey undertones to the photo.
                               

Wicker
This filter is under the ‘Seasons’ filters. Wicker is the perfect combination of moody grey and warm tones.



I also shrink my normal sized photos into a square for Instagram using Afterlight. I always hated that my picture HAD to be square to fit. Now, I edit almost every photo to show the full frame of the picture.





Hopefully these little app and filter tips will help you discover your best photos yet!

XO-Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS