Friday, October 10, 2014

Apple Pie Cookies




Pie is the kind of dessert I can't resist.
I just can't say no to that flaky crust.

These cookies are the perfect little snack when you have a little craving for a piece of pie.

All you need is:
1 pre made crust package. (or if you are incredible, you can make your own pie crust)
1 filling of your choice. I used apple, but i also bought a cherry and pumpkin pie filling. I will most likely make them all. (I was even thinking how good these would be if they were filled with different jams...or nutella....oh dear..the possibilities are endless I tell you!) 

Unroll your first crust and fill with filling.



Unroll your second crust and place on top of your filling.

Cut dough into circles using a round cookie cutter.



Press edges of dough to create your mini pies... you want to make sure they are sealed to keep that ooooey gooey filling inside!

 Press the edges of the cookie using a butter knife. 
I also used a little cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on the top of my cookies before i put them in the oven. This isn't mandatory..but i thought it made the cookies look pretty and have a little sugary crust on top.

Bake at 425 for about 10-12 minutes



These cookies are best warm...like...right out of the oven warm.

I can't only imagine how great they would be with a little vanilla ice cream.
Mmmmmm.

**These cookies are best if gobbled up same day. I did have a few left over, and the next day they were still tasty...but not as great as the first day.**

XO-Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS