Thursday, October 30, 2014

metallic mani


I wanted to try a metallic french manicure when i saw this picture.
Obviously...I needed to try this. 
But, I knew myself a little too well and realized there would be some struggles.

1. I have a hard time with nail polish. (For some reason, it is impossible for me to not smudge my nails. My shellac kit changed my life.) The picture I found used an Essie nail polish for the rose gold tips. 

2. Not only do I struggle with nail polish, I knew the biggest challenge would be getting crisp lines..using nail polish...on my right hand. My poor little left hand can't handle that kind of pressure.

3. There had to be an easier alternative.

DING DING DING!
Metallic Sharpies.


I initially thought of doing a gold tip, but once I saw that bronze color the decision was practically made for me.

So here is what went down...
Cuticles pushed and trimmed...check!
Nails trimmed short, short, short....check!
Filed & ready to go.

 I did my nails like usual. (The color I used is called Camera Shy by Red Carpet.)

 Right before i did my topcoat i drew on my french manicure.
Added the topcoat.
BAM.
Metallic Manicure.


 Now here is the thing.
This didn't work as well as planned.

The sharpie lasted for a while...but the tips of my nails chip fasty fast.
So, my manicure looked perfect for about 2 days.
I was hoping, since i used shellac, that it would last as long as usual...it did not.

The moral of the story?
Maybe stick to using the sharpie more towards the middle or base of the nail.

Here are a couple other nail styles I can't wait to try using my metallic sharpies!
Gold tip & half moon #mani #nails

Nail Ideas: The Half-Moon Mani Gets a (Sharp) Twist : Daily Beauty Reporter :  Now, I’m not a nail-art person. I like looking at it and dreaming up cool ideas, but rarely do I end up wearing it. (And when I do, I chip it off in a matter of hours). The other...

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS