Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Try This: Make Your Own Wreath


I have loved the idea of making your own wreath for your home.
Sure...
You can go down to the store and purchase a pine wreath...
but...
when I found this mixed branch bouquet I knew I needed to give it a try.

All you will need is:
mixed greens
large metal hoop
floral wire
wire cutters

I removed individual sections and went to town!
There was no rhyme or reason to how i placed my pieces...and that is the best part of making your own wreath!
You can make a fuller thicker wreath
or a thin wispy wreath.
Whatever makes you happy.

I cut 2" strips of wire and fastened the branches to the metal hoop.
You can do this in a couple ways...
Have all your branches going in the same direction (clockwise/counter-clockwise)
Or have the two sections meet in the middle.
That is what I did :)

Having people at your house for Christmas Eve/Christmas Day?
This is the perfect touch to add just before everyone comes over to have your home smelling like forest-y heaven!


Only 2 more sleeps til Christmas!

xo- elle



No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS